Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Gloating time

Now that I have had my share of crows to eat on the Satyam saga and question Ive had to ask myself on where we were going with regards to Satyam as a company and as an investible stock, let me announce with some self congratulatory glee that if you had been the ones pumping in money when Satyam was around Rs 25 per share , you would have doubled your money today and that is just in 1 month. The underlying logic has always been one of going against the prevailing trend and not to panic. Going ahead from here, this is what I feel will happen with Satyam:
  • price will be news specific and will fluctuate around Rs 55 levels till we get concrete news on ownership change.
  • and once that happens, the share will start floating along with the general sensex.

So my recommendations are:

  • buy on every fall. Be prudent and dont overdo it, the general trend for this stock seems to be up only

On a different note though:

How many people today believe, that the Zimbabwean dollar is a good investment avenue. I know this will be a conventionally nonsensical idea but I have a feeling that judging by the manner in which the currency has depreciated, anytime in the future the currency starts to appeciate, it will do so in much the same manner. Again, sentiment seems very much against the currency and any minor good news will drastically improve the returns. So do we start buying our 1st billions of Zimbabwean dollars?

No comments:

Post a Comment